Xtheme update 7.2.3 causing navigation issues?

Hi,

I recently updated cornerstone and Xtheme to try to fix the save functionality built on our site. We were not able to get the save functionality working with the update and the navigation is now not displaying properly. I spoke with our developer and he thinks it could be the our custom jquery and the theme update. He was hoping that themeco could give some insight into how to fix this?

Here is the staging site we are working with: https://livenatstage.wpengine.com/

Thanks!
Shannon

Hello Shannon,

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate the settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. Child Theme Issue
  3. CSS/JS Customization
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Version compatibility

If none of these work for you Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me. I spoke with our developer and he said:
I’ve gone through the plugins and I don’t believe they are causing the menu conflict. When you deactivate the X-Theme child theme, the menu works correctly although not styled. I believe it is something that the custom code in functions.php in the child theme is modifying that has changed. Most of the custom code has to do with WooCommerce. There is also the possibility that the child theme itself is out of date with the parent X-Theme. Caching was disabled as well and no difference.

I am going to share a secure not with the login info.

Thanks!

Hello @hungryeye,

When I preview the X theme, I am seeing this:

I already checked your child theme and it is heavily modified. The issue lies in your child theme. If you have hired a developer to do the customizations, you may need to contact him again and check the modifications because it is having conflicts after the updates. Usually, such issues are caused by caching. If you have already cleared the cache, it must be something to do with the customizations on how the child theme’s style.css was loaded.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.