Xtheme not integrating seamlessly with Buddypress

I have an issue with the xtheme taking over some formatting functions with Buddypress and I need help to format my members pages as well as my login page.

I have conversed with Buddypress and they did confirm that it is my theme that is overwriting the formatting issues I am having.

I need the numbers to be bigger in the top right hand corners as you can barely read them. Also my login page is not formatting correctly.

Please advise on how to fix these issues.

Thank you

Hi There,

x is fully compatible with budypress, but it has certain design for budypress pages.
You can check all Demos here.

To change the layout of certain section you need custom css.
If you will provide us the page URL, we can suggest you the css change that you are pointing out.

Thanks for understanding.

Hi,

Thank you for your support. It is very important for you to know I have zero experience with building a website and the reason I researched and chose xtheme was because I didn’t need to know any coding. If you are going to provide me with new css code to correct these issues you will have to specifically tell me where to put the code, as I have no idea. I also work full time so the delay in these responses is setting me back a lot, therefore please be very specific so I don’t have to keep coming back with questions. I appreciate this very much as my website is now live.

Below is my login page that isn’t formatting properly.

https://www.flourishingfriendships.club/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flourishingfriendships.club%2Fwp-admin%2Fupdate-core.php&reauth=1

Below is the member area that needs formatting before I can start getting members.

https://www.flourishingfriendships.club/members/

You can also see that the members email shows up twice and are too big

https://www.flourishingfriendships.club/members/jenalias48gmail-com/

Hi there,

I have checked your login page and it seems that you are using a plugin for this which is s2member this plugin seems to be overriding the login template that is default to wordpress which is not caused by the theme. As this is a third party plugin, we can’t provide much help in setting it up.

When a user registers without filling out the name field, the email will be display on those location that you currently see right now which is two emails on top of each other. When a user edit’s their profile and put something in the name field, their name will be displayed on top of the username instead of the email.

As for the font size, try checking in the settings you have set in Pro > Theme Options > Typography as there are settings there for the font that is global to the site.

If you want to increase the font size of the notification count, you can add this in Pro > Theme Options > CSS.

.buddypress .x-item-list-tabs-nav>ul>li>a span.count {
    font-size: 0.8em;
}

Please also note that Pro provides a lot of out of the box customization options especially in building pages. But creating a membership site would most probably require you to be able to have some knowledge in website development as it is not the most basic site to build. It would be best to get an advice or hire a developer if you wish to further customize your site.

Hope this helps.

I copied and pasted the code into the CSS in the topography section, changed the number to 0.9em to see if it worked and this is the result

Not sure why only one section out of 5 changed size, but it is perfect by the way! How do I change the other ones?

Hi there,

Please change it to this,

.buddypress .x-item-list-tabs-nav>ul>li>a span {
    font-size: 0.9em;
}

That CSS only targets the one with counts, hence, removing .count should fix it.

Thanks.

Thank you so much!! It’s perfect.

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.