XTheme Latest Cornerstone Update breaks CSS on all styles using element ID

Hello,

The latest cornerstone update overides the ID of all elements to emberxxx which breaks the CSS for all styles that use the # ID styling.

Does this mean that we can no longer use the # ID css styling on any X Theme pages now?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

Hi There,

Sorry for the inconvenience, this is only happening on the Content Builder/Cornerstone right? But on the front-end your ID’s is taking effect? I can replicate this issue on my end but I am not entirely certain if this is a bug because as far as I know we can only assign one ID per element and the builder needs that (emberXXXX) generated ID. Let me report this to our Dev Team for now. In the meantime, please convert your IDs to Classes. You should be using classes in the first place if the purpose of it is for styling.

Thank you.

I’ve made some adjustments to the next version that will allow this to work again. For most elements it will just work. For classic sections, rows, and columns, you’ll need to save and refresh the builder after making changes. I might be able to address that quirk later, but it gets pretty deep into the rendering internals so I’m going to hold off until there’s a bigger window for extensive testing.

1 Like

Hello, yes this is the issue. The emberXXXX ID is being set disallowing # styles to render in the Cornerstone Content Builder.

Thanks @alexander Much appreciated. Will await the next version to test. Thanks again.

No Problem.
Thank you for your understanding.