XTheme disabling sidebar for mobile fixes no longer working!

Please help, I managed to get my sidebar to stop displaying on mobile and NOW IT’S HAPPENING AGAIN.

This CSS no longer works.

This CSS no longer hides my sidebar for mobile

@media(min-width: 980px){  
  body .x-sidebar.right {
     margin-left: 21.536945%;
     top: 140px;
     position: fixed;
     left: 50%;
  }
}

And this code in SIDEBAR.PHP no longer fixes the problem either. {EDIT: I PASTED IN THE WRONG CODE HERE, NOW I’VE CORRECTED THAT}

<?php

// =============================================================================
// SIDEBAR.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Handles sidebar output for posts and pages.
//
// Content is output based on which Stack has been selected in the Customizer.
// To view and/or edit the markup of your Stack's pages, first go to "views"
// inside the "framework" subdirectory. Once inside, find your Stack's folder
// and look for a file called "wp-sidebar.php," where you'll be able to find
// the appropriate output.
// =============================================================================

?>

  <div class="x-visibility x-visible-desktop">
<?php x_get_view( x_get_stack(), 'wp', 'sidebar' ); ?>
  </div>

Seriously. I loved this theme until sometime around this spring stuff started breaking. THIS is why I really dislike X’s heavy reliance on doing custom code: Because when the theme updates, things break. And I’m not ready to switch to Pro, because I keep seeing people having the same problems with it as I’m having with X. Plus, as I’ve described in a previous post, Pro basically blew up my entire site layout when I previewed it and I just can’t afford the kind of downtime on my site it would take to fix it. Why can’t you people just get your sidebars to scroll properly and to not load on small screens? This is something even a lot of free themes are able to do.

I’ve recommended X Theme on Quora and to other bloggers I know. I even bought a second license for a blog a colleague of mine wants to launch. But in its current state, I just can’t recommend it to anyone anymore. I’m heartbroken because I truly adore this theme and have been waiting for MONTHS in hope that these issues would be resolved.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I have tried both of these codes in a fresh install of the most updated version of X and they still work since the update didn’t change the class names assigned to the sidebar and the file location of the sidebar.php remained the same.

Did you place the custom code in a child theme? If so, kindly double check because if you have made the changes through the parent theme, all of the customizations you have added will get overwritten every time you update the theme.

Pro offers a lot of robust features that are useful but please note that it is not necessary for you to update to Pro. X and Pro have features that are common but Pro provide additional options like the header and footer builder. If those features will be able to achieve what you are trying to build then you can upgrade your license to Pro. if you want to test it, it would be best to clone your site in a staging environment and activate Pro from there to make sure the live site is not affected at all.

This feature is actually available in Icon stack although I have added this as a feature request so it can be taken into consideration for future development. Please note that an implementation of a new feature does not have an ETA as it would be prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive.

In case you have setup the child theme and the code disappeared, kindly provide us with the admin and FTP details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check it.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.