Xtheme blog excerpts and Read More not displaying after update to 8.07

Hi, I just updated one of my client’s sites to version 8.07 and now new blog posts are not displaying the excerpts or the “Read More” link on the blog page, or any of the archive pages.
I was able to add an excerpt in Cornerstone (which I shouldn’t need to and don’t want to do each time), but the Read More is still not displaying.
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks,
Susan

Hi Susan,

The Site Link color might be the reason for the issue you are having, please check if the color is transparent by default. If that so, that is the reason why the Read More is not visible in your blog posts.

If that is not the case, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi, it is not the sitelink colour, which is blue. Also it is not pulling the post excerpts. All the older posts seem fine. They have both the excerpts and the Read More button.

I was thinking this was a known problem. It just happened when I ran the latest update.

Is there another way of troubleshooting this without giving you the admin login? It is the site for a large non-profit.

Thanks,

Susan

… the excerpt and “Read More” button are not showing up on any of the archive pages for the new post.

Hi @susanb,

There’s a new update for the X theme which is X 8.0.8 and Cornerstone 5.0.8. Please update your theme and cornerstone plugin because it fixes various conflicts with the theme options and plugin conflict. If the issue still persists after updating the theme and plugin to the latest version, we should check your admin dashboard to check what error causing the issue by giving the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,
I upgraded to xtheme version 8.09 and cleared my cache, and that did not fix the problem. I have created a temp login and added it to the secure note.
Thanks,
Susan

Hi Susan,

I’ve checked your site and see excerpts being added on the /blog page. The only one without “Read More” is the first one, but that is because WordPress doesn’t include the Read More link if you’ve manually set an excerpt on the post. Are you still seeing any outstanding issues on the site?

Hi Alexander,

The only reason that I added the excerpt manually is because it is NOT being pulled automatically. All that was showing was the title of the blog post and the featured images - no excerpt and no Read More text. As I mentioned previously, this is only happening with the NEW blog post I added after the update.
Thanks,
Susan

Hello Susan,

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, may we have permission to temporarily put the site under construction mode so we can test for a plugin conflict?

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenl,

The last four don’t apply. I have already cleared the cache multiple times and there are no customizations. You absolutely cannot put this site in Under Construction mode. As I mentioned it is for a large non-profit.

It may be a plugin conflict, but it is odd that is only happening to new posts, after the theme upgrade.

Susan

Hello Susan,

Have you changed or removed the credentials from the site already? I could not log in anymore. Anyways, do you have any other PHP code in your child theme? Can you please post the contents of your child theme’s functions.php file instead so we can check it?

Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.