xPro issues with FormidablePro

Hi. I have been struggling with tracking down functionality issues with my Formidable Pro forms running on xPro. I think I have this narrowed down to a css/js issue? From what i have read, maybe a css/js concatenation issue preventing certain fields (drop-downs, paragraph text, buttons, …) from functioning correctly on the front-end. All of these fields work on the back-end (admin panel) but only work on the front-end using the wp2017 theme. I have verified that this is not related to plugin related conflicts and believe they are all related to front-end presentation of the fields.

What I have done to date.

  1. Reverted theme version to 1.2.7 (issues remain and got worse bbefore trying v2 update)
  2. Deactivated all plugins other than Formidable Pro. (issues remain)
  3. Change to WP 2017 theme - all field issues experienced in xPro are fixed and wotk as advertised by FormidablePro.

I have documented and assembled 5 specific issues in this regard on a single page, with links to the working back-end forms so you can see what is going on. Will add secure note

Hope you can help me out here.

Thanks you.

Hello There,

Thanks for positing in! I carefully investigated your site and I found out that the elements is not displaying because you have added a custom css that hides those elements. You have added this code in the Theme Option’s custom css

/*     SITE WIDE    */
.p-landmark-sub, .p-meta, input, button, select, textarea {
    display: none;
}

Please remove this code and you will see those missing elements.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that catch! I totally missed it. One last issue here regarding the js error thrown on this page https://mysalus.org/my-home/ when Journal view radio button selected and entry edit link clicked, it throws js error. I did some research and found this article - http://wordpressthemescollection.com/wordpress-ajax-error-ajaxurl-not-defined-859.html - that seems to describe the issue. When running the page and testing the edit link in WP2017 them it works so thinking this is a theme issue rather than the FormidablePro Plugin issue?

Hi there,

I checked the code and ajaxurl is properly defined, maybe the code is unable to access it. The ajax result also remains empty which could be related to internal server error. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? I could check it there.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I added the line that was advanced in the solution link you already provided using the hosting access you provided and it seems indeed that it is fixed.

So the solution is to add the section below to the functions.php file of the Child Theme:

add_action('wp_head', 'myplugin_ajaxurl');

function myplugin_ajaxurl() {
    echo '<script type="text/javascript">
           var ajaxurl = "' . admin_url('admin-ajax.php') . '";
         </script>';
}

Thank you.

That worked. Thanks you.

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.