X theme with Woocommerce

Hi,

I am building a website with X and Woocommerce www.7leafcloverhemp.com.
So for every product I have a main image and a gallery of images. For some of my products I have multiple variants without picture linked to the variant. Pb is when you go to the frontpage, and you select a variant, the main image and gallery are not displayed anymore. I don’t want to display the p-image linked to the variant but keep the main image and the main gallery.
for instance, this product: http://7leafcloverhemp.com/shop/hemp-oil/charlottes-web-everyday-advanced/
has few images linked to the product, if I select a variant/option, this is what I got:

How can I avoid this?

Thanks,

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! If you do not want to display the placeholder, you might need to insert an image to the variable product to prevent the placeholder image to display.

On the other hand, if you want to customize the placeholder image, you might be interested in this link:

Hope this helps.

Thanks, so I can’t not disable this? this is kind of annoying?
I don’t wanna show the placeholder neither a random picture. Woocommerce told me it as possible but depends on the theme.
any others ideas?

Hi there,

But our theme has no integration with such features, our theme only contains styling and layout wrappers to make it look consistent with the theme. And yes, it’s possible and actually depends on the developer, and for that to change, you have to be familiar with Woocommerce development and its API. Or if the theme provides such feature that disables Woocommerce feature, but unfortunately, to follow the standard, our theme will not and can’t disable such feature.

And if you’ll check it here https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/change-the-placeholder-image/, that’s the way of manipulating the placeholder. But our theme has no such code, and the placeholder image itself is from Woocommerce created under /uploads/ folder.

Maybe what Woocommerce is referring is to consult it to a developer who’s handling your theme development :slight_smile:

Thanks!

OK thanks for your feedback,

You are welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.