X Theme Pro: What am I missing? I can't get anything to work

I’ve just upgraded to X Pro and am like … What am I missing? It just flat out doesn’t work. It’s supposed to be visual but I can’t see anything or drag and drop anything, it just sticks in whatever page elements it wants regardless of what I already have there. I would rather just enter the code manually like I’ve been doing.

I was hoping to finally be able to put a footer in with my copyright info and link to my privacy policy (which I don’t really need but Facebook Instant Articles requires) and have it work in my mobile layout. Nope.

  • I can’t work with the header and footer module because it doesn’t even see my current logo and nav bar and puts all this default stuff in.
  • Now, the sidebar completely breaks my layout
  • When I enable the footer content, it appears on the top right above the navigation and ruins my layout.
  • I still can’t get the footer to work in mobile plus it doesn’t work for any screen sides.
  • The header and footer won’t let me customize and doesn’t see my current layout/elements, it just sticks in some default logo and navigation instead of my logo and links.

Either I’m missing something or this upgrade is worse than useless and I’m tearing my hair out. Will you still be supporting X-Theme? If I have to switch to Pro I’ll have a nervous breakdown.

But jokes and exaggerations aside, this is unbelievable. I’ve got a fair amount of experience with web design, html, css, and WordPress and I’m finding both X-Theme and Pro barely usable. I used to really love this theme. But you shouldn’t have to customize code and styles by hand just to align an element center or to get your layout not to break in mobile. This is seriously disappointing.

I’ve also recommended this to people I know and on Quora. Now…I just can’t. I’m sad, I really loved X.

Hi Melissa,

Check these videos made by the community, you’ll love them and they really show how to create headers and footers with pro

Personally this is my favourite video: Creating the Apple website menu…20 minutes of wow

But what about my sidebar breaking the layout in mobile? All I know is I had everything working perfectly in X until a few months ago after one of your ‘updates.’ I can try watching the video but prefer text with screen shots so I don’t have to watch 5 minutes of blah blah blah to get the one free that answers my question. And my point is, the theme should just be responsive, not make you jump through hoops just to get a damn footer to stack.

Also, I can’t type my text, I can’t import my text, it just keeps trying to put default stuff in as if I don’t already have a theme. And I’m not trying to build a menu or a footer. I want my existing ones to work.

Hello Melissa,
​
​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? We want to see why your sidebar breaks the layout, check your header and footer. I am guessing that you are using the default one. You might need to build a new custom header/footer and assign it globally or else, you will just see the default header just like what you have when you are using X.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password
​
Thank you.