X Theme Menu - Menu items linking to section ID's are highlighting. How to turn off?

So I am basically done with a new website, however on the main page of said site I have two sections, ABOUT and CONTACT, that are also links on the main menu. When landing on the site’s main page, not only is HOME highlighted, but ABOUT and CONTACT are as well, and they shouldn’t be. I cannot figure out why this is.

The website is here:

http://www.vandehaarflooring.com/

Also, here is an image circling the issue. I would like to to be so that those sections are not highlighted when landing on the main page, and either never highlighted or highlighted when at that section (I realize the latter option there is a lot of code in all likelihood, and to me that is unnecessary). Or maybe they could just be highlighted when clicked?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, do not set your One Page Menu as the Primary Menu because your One Page Menu is designed to work and to be assign to an specific page (your homepage), right?

Create a new menu instead and set this menu as the Primary Menu, now this will be your menu for all pages and posts, except the homepage that is using the One Page Menu.

You can use an absolute link to your Primary Menu so you can linked it back to the homepage.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

Update: Never mind I fixed it with your advice, forgot that on the individual pages I can actually choose which menu to use. That fixed things perfectly, thank you so much.

EDITEDNo with apologies I am confused by what you are telling me to do. Do I need some sort of a plugin to assign different menu’s to different pages?

Hi There,

No, you don’t need any plugins, This functionality is built in on X.

Upon checking your page it seems to be setup correctly.

When you have a mixed menu between on page links # and other pages, ideally you should create two different menus on Appearance > Menu

The menus will have the same pages, the only difference will be that your on-page links, in your case About Us and Contact Us will have in one menu the absolute links : http://www.vandehaarflooring.com/#about and on the other you will have the relative link, just the id, #about

The menu with absolute links will be assigned as your website main menu.

On your home page you can click edit page, and select the second menu (with relative links) as your One Page Menu.

Hope it clarifies,

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.