X theme malfunction?

Hi Themeco Support,

I recently updated Wordpress to 4.9 x and the X theme. However, on the staging platform (http://dev.cpicolour.co.uk/) something unusual happens - a dialog box with a number 11 appears and wont go until I click OK. It does not appear on the live site which is running Wp 4.8 x

Any ideas what causes this?

Regards

Rob

Hi There,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Also check the JS codes inserted on your site like on Theme Options > JS or Cornerstone < JS

Let us know how it goes!

Hi There,

thank you for the swift response. OK so I have tried deactivating plugins and apart from when I deactivate Cornerstone I get the same error. Obviously when deactivating Cornerstone means that the site formatting has gone. Quick question: does cornerstone come with X Theme or do i need to update separately? I am on the latest version.

I have also tried looking into your other suggestion but as i am not a programmer I dont completely understand. What I can say is that when I remove the link to the video, which is configured as a classic element and replace it with a # the website appears ok and no error but no video (Obviously). I have tried linking to other videos and the error reappears. So it’s not the video. I have also tried all the other options for embedding a video but the same error appears. Form inspecting the debug the error is SyntaxError: expected expression, got ‘,’. I have read a little bit about this but as I say I am not a programmer so i am not sure what else I can do. Everything works with an older version of Wordpress and the latest version of Xtheme/Cornerstone etc as the live site will demonstrate. If you could help further that would be great. Regards Rob

Hello @RE-D,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Cornerstone comes with X Theme. While installing fresh copy of X Theme, you don’t need to manually install Cornerstone. Cornerstone gets automatically installed. On the other hand, while updating X Theme you need to update X Theme and Cornerstone separately.

Regarding the problem you are facing, would you mind sharing some WordPress and FTP login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Wordpress credentials added. FTP details to follow - thank you

Hi There,

You have this code on Page JS which output the dialog box.


Please remove that.

Thanks,

Thank you for the support. I came across this following the original support advise but I wasn’t sure if it was part of XTheme so left it. I think the website has been hacked at some point and the code added. Your support has help me understand better your software. Great support and very quick.

Rob

You’re most welcome, Rob.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.