X Theme Integrity- old content prior to cornerstone to more up to date methods

Over 5 years ago I moved my website to X. It was a learning curve, but I was able to make my website so much better than it used to be. As X has advanced, my site has been left behind. My content is my strength and I can not afford to lose it when making changes. My question is I want to be able to use more features of X like Cornerstone and Design Cloud. Both of these just take me to a page with a never ending circle like something is loading. I also am having problems adding to old pages where I want to (e.g., an embeded map with HTML code in a particular location) as it appears the conten is seen as one big block. Any help would be appreciated.

This is happening to me too! I designed my site in 2016…

Hello @drgaskell,

Thanks for writing in! We highly recommend that you clone your site and create a staging site. The staging site is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed with the update on the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

If you are using a very old X theme, you may still be using the X Shortcodes. Please deactivate and delete the X Shortcodes plugin. Please take note that the X shortcodes plugin and its functionality has been consolidated into Cornerstone which you can install by going to X > Validation.

A loading screen may also indicate a fatal error or a plugin conflict. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.