X-Theme Ethos, how to embed featured photo?

Trying to host all photos on PhotoShelter.
Using PhotoShelter plugin which works but unsure how to embed the featured photo for blog posts–clicking ‘Set featured image’ goes to media library, with no option to embed or use PhotoShelter plugin.

Hi there,

I am not sure how the PhotoShelter plugin works as it is a third party plugin but it seems like it only works for the text editor in the Wordpress edit more and not for adding a featured image which Ethos uses. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Jade, thank you, I understand about the third party piece of the puzzle.
Can you suggest a way to embed the feature image, other than by using the media library? I will be posting 100 featured images per year and I don’t want the site to slow down.
Cheers, Van

Hi There,

Is this the plugin that you’re referring to? None of their features nor usage state that you can use it for adding featured images. With that said, you need to have a developer to integrate this feature for you. Or maybe I’m wrong, please contact the PhotoShelter Plugin support and let them know about your situation. However, the last update they made on that plugin is 12 months ago they might have stopped developing that plugin, if that is the case, you need to look for other plugins that suit your needs.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.