X Theme causes admin.php file to not be accessed

Hello,

I’m working on a website that uses a child theme of your X Theme. It was also using an outdated version of Cornerstone. I purchased a new license for it and when I clicked the link to validate my purchase, the page it redirected me to had a “this page cannot be accessed” error. I tried a few different solves, what ended up working was changing back to the TwentySeventeen theme. I was then able to update the plugin. After updating I switched back to the X theme and got that error once again. I am able to edit most things still without getting that error, just seems to be the w-admin/admin.php file that is not able to be accessed. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Hello @LureMarketing,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please enable debug mode in WordPress, so we know what’s the error message? You can add following code in wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

You can refer following documentation to know more:

https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Thanks.