X Theme Broken after WordPress Update; Purchased Pro License?

We updated WordPress from 5.5 (I think) to 6.5 and php the latest in order to use another WordPress plugin. After the update the X Theme is broken so our website doesn’t load. I can’t even access the WP admin pages anymore at that point.

I can select a different theme, but then of course the site doesn’t look like we want. I didn’t do any of the website build so the use of X and Cornerstone was done by the website design company that was hired many years ago. I also don’t know much about WordPress, and almost nothing about X, or Cornerstone. Ideally, I just want to get everything looking the way it was before with the new version of WordPress.

The currently installed X Theme version is 5.1.0 and the Cornerstone plugin version is 2.0.5.

I figured it was a version compatibility issue and updating to the latest should fix it. I purchased a Pro license thinking that should let me update. Now I see that there is a separate Pro theme, which also breaks my site when I activate it.

I also still see the “This cornerstone license is not validated” message but when I attempt to validate using the license I purchased I get an error message about it not being valid.

Please advise on the best way to resolve this issue. Again, I’m looking for the shortest path to getting the site loading and looking like it did before.

Hello @openjaus,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you please clone your live site to the staging server and update the theme and Cornerstone plugin to the latest version. Please note you must purge all the cache and recheck it.

Hope it helps
Thanks

I was able to figure out how to do the things you suggested (I have almost zero experience here).

I deleted the existing Cornerstone plugin and then activated and licensed the Pro theme and things are working. It looks like we don’t need the stand-alone Cornerstone plugin. I also deleted the previously used X theme and things were still working. Note that the licensing of the Pro theme only became available after I deleted the Cornerstone plugin.

I’m not sure that the site is 100% like it was before but it seems close enough, I think. I also had to manually reset the menu to be used on the main page for some reason.

Hello Nicholas,

When using the Pro theme, you do not need the Cornerstone plugin. It is only needed when using the X theme.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.