X Theme 4.6.4 to 9.1.4

Hi,

I’m looking for some help. I have a site that is running X Theme 4.6.4 and I was tasked with updating the site. The most recent version of X Theme is 9.1.4. There isn’t an update option available in the WordPress UI so I manually tried to update it by uploading the most recent theme. When I chose the update option, the site crashed, and I had to restore from a backup. Is this jump even possible or how should I attack this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Hello @stewartjoshua,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you copy your live site to the staging server and then manually update the theme. Please make sure you have purged all the cache after updating the theme so that the latest code renders properly.

I would also suggest you, please make sure your theme, plugin, PHP version, and WordPress core is updated as per our version compatibility.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.