X Pro Theme Troubleshooting

Our website (www.acsl.at) is no longer displayed correctly since yesterday. Some elements are displayed incorrectly, no headers, CSS not adopted for some elements, imported fonts are no longer available and some lettering is transparent and therefore not visible to visitors. A few hours earlier, my colleague had the page displayed normally - in the meantime no work was done on the page, so I activated the backup (SiteGround) of the previous day, unfortunately that didn’t change anything, the same errors still existed. (Basic settings deleted from the theme, Woocommerce settings reset, no header, Sportspress displayed incorrectly,…).

Hello @acslsports

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict or server cache issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks a lot, I tested all the common issues but nothing changed.

Hello Colin,

Have you cleared your plugin caches? When I check your homepage, I could not replicate any issues.

See the secure note.

Please clear your browser caches as well or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

yes I cleared the plugin cache, we already saved some problems but our footer doesn’t display correctly and some basic settings from the theme like colors are missing, so some letterings display transparent.

Hey Colin,

The Google cache URL returns 404. Please check.

I believe that you’re using UberMenu for the Footer Menu though and upon checking, the Footer Menu is Disabled (unchecked).

I checked it and now it looks like this.

For that complex of a menu structure, I’d recommend you use Pro Footer Builder. We now have our own Mega Menu features. Please watch the video below.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

thanks!
However, there is still the problem with Pro Theme that some fonts and colors are not displayed.

(All the colors set here have been made transparent)

and the uploaded fonts were deleted…

so some elements are like this (transparent)

it looks like some plugins and the Pro theme have been reset to the basic settings …

Hey Colin,

I don’t see the issue in your live and staging sites. Would you mind sharing the URL where we can see the issue. Please also give WP access to your live site.

If the issue also happened to 3rd party plugins, it could be that your web host did some database process that wiped out some data in your site. The only solution for this case is to revert from a site backup.

Let us know some history of your site before this issue happened.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank-you! I think that’s it, I’m trying to fix the database right now. I’ll keep you posted.

I already made a site backup on the first day the issues arose. It changed nothing…

Hello Colin,

The page looks good on my browser. Both the accordion and the buttons has its correct styling.
See the secure note for the screenshot.

Thanks.

you have to move the mouse pointer over the elements, then they will disappear. I have already fixed the worst of the errors, so it doesn’t seem that bad at first glance, but it would probably take several days to correct the settings for all plugins.

At the header you can see that the layout has been reset to the basic settings, the header should normally not be dark gray.

Here you can see the issues too - it’s a screenshot of a header in the editor (not yet published) as font colors, I only used preset colors, now everything is displayed as transparent.

Hey Colin,

For the Accordion, the Header’s Text Interaction color is Transparent. Please set it to a solid color.

Regarding the menu, you’re using UberMenu. Go to Appearance > Ubermenu. Choose your menu and select a Skin.

Hope that helps.

yes i know all these things and i can fix them step by step everywhere - but i want to know why this happened and if there is any way to fix these issues all at once …

and if there is any way to avoid that from happening again.

As already mentioned, the entire theme and plugin settings have been reset and I don’t really know why, at that time nobody was working on our website, it suddenly happened.

Hey Colin,

As mentioned previously:

This is not an issue with Pro nor UberMenu. They don’t have any functionality that will wipe out “selective” settings and reset settings by themselves.

This is a problem with your web host or external database process. Yes, you didn’t do anything on your site but there might be automated processes, especially database processes going on in your server.

For the reason that this is not an issue with our theme, you need to consult with a server expert about why this issue suddenly happened on your site. This is beyond the scope of our support and we have no idea how the issue happened and there’s no automated way to fix it that is why I pointed you to manual fixes.

Just a suggestion so you know if Pro and Ubermenu is really the issue, use another web host and install a fresh copy of WordPress then install Pro and UberMenu only and monitor if this issue will happen. I have Pro and Ubermenu in different servers and I didn’t experience this issue where settings reset by themself.

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Okay, thank you very much for your support - you definitely helped me a bit further. thanks for that! :slight_smile:

Hi Colin,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.