X-Pro Template for Posts

Hi there

how can I give the look of X-Pro page template to single post pages?

Thank you very much for your help!

Hello Felix,

Thanks for writing to us.

Regretfully there is no option of Post template at the moment and there is no concept of Post template in default WordPress at the moment Since you are a Pro user you have an option of layout builder. You can use the layout builder to create a custom layout for the single post details page.

Please have a look at our doc to learn more about how layout builders work

In case if you want to create the custom layout of single post page please have a look at the video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkwk9YCexL4&t=147s

In case if you are trying to see the Page Template of the page of the Pro theme, you can go to the Cornerstone page builder —>click on the Settings Icon—> Page Template. You select the page template from the select box.

Members-Content-Pro

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi Prakash

Thank you very much for your reply. I have checked the links you send me and also the Layout builder but unfortunately, this sound all very complicated to me. I only want to look my single post page as the rest of the Pro template pages of my website. At the moment, the single post looks like this:

Is there no possibility, to insert the single post with a shortcode in my Pro-template?

Hi Felix,

I think the Layout Builder is the answer to your question. The way that works is you create one Layout (just like how you create a page but with dynamic content) then set that Layout to be used by all your single Posts.

Maybe there is something we are missing here, can you clarify what you’re trying to do? and please provide us your site URL, you can add it on a secure note if you don’t want to post it publicly.

Thanks,

Hi Friech

Thank you very much for your reply. I just wish to create a nice clean layout for my single post pages, which are coresponding with the rest om my website. At the moment the result looks awfull as you can see in the screenshot. Even the post title writes over the main menu…
The video about the Layout Builder is very confusing. I didn’t work out to even start the Layout Builder. There must be a simple possibility to create nice singele post pages in X-Pro. I also would like to place a dynamic column on the right with all the rescent posts. Just the normal stuff for posts…

Hello Felix,

To create a single post layout through the layout builder, you need to follow these steps.

1. Go to the Pro —>Layout. It would open a new page

2. Click on the Plus icon to create a new layout
    Pro

3. Add the layout title and then select the template as “Single” and then click on the “Create Layout” button.

Pro

1. It would open a new page where can click on the "Use Template "to get stater layout with the help of stater templates you can create cust layout for the single post layout.

PostSingle-Layouts-Pro

1. You can use the stater from her.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi Prakash

Thank you very much for your helpful reply! I think I have worked out, how the Layout Builder works. This is a great Tool and I am able to exactly acheive the look for single Posts, as the rest of my website looks!

Thank you very much for your great Support!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

Hi Friech

The single posts page, created with the Layout Builder looks great! I have included a column on the right, where I have inserted the “Posts Element”, which shows the 5 rescent posts. Is it possible to exclude the actual post in the “Posts Element” which is shown anyway on the single post page?

Hi Felix,

The Post element use the Recent Posts in Looper Provider, and regretfully, there is no such option to exclude the current post right now. You can use the Query String option of the looper to exclude the Current Post from the Post element. Your Query String will look like the following one.

post_type=post&posts_per_page=5&offset=0&ignore_sticky_posts=1&post__not_in={{dc:post:id}}

Screenshot-278-

Screenshot-279- (1)

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi Tristup

Thank you very much for your reply and for the Query String. Unfortunately the Query String did remove all rescent posts, except the last one.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi Felix,

Sorry for the confusion, you need to add two more parameters to the Query String to get the Recent posts. The order and orderby parameters will fetch the posts based on the ID and in descending order, which will return the last added posts or recently added posts.

post_type=post&posts_per_page=5&offset=0&ignore_sticky_posts=1&orderby=ID&order=DESC&post__not_in={{dc:post:id}}

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi Tristup

Thank you very much for the new Query String. Sorry but it seems not to work with me. This string removes all posts in the “Posts Element”.

Maybe I didn’t explain clear enough, what I am trying to acheive: I would like to show the latest 5 Posts in the “Posts Element” in a side bar on the right of each single post page, except the one, which is currently shown on the single post page itself.

At refection I think, this is not possible at all, because the “Posts Element” doesn’t know, which post is actually shown on the single post page. Or is there a possibility?

Hi Felix,

I have checked the following Query String and found that the previously given Query String missed out on the Array option with the Post Not IN clause. I also went ahead and recheck the given Query String in my local environment and found it is working as it is you are expecting.
I would request you to replace the Query String with the given one and check if that resolved your problem.

post_type=post&orderby=ID&order=DESC&posts_per_page=5&offset=0&ignore_sticky_posts=1&post__not_in%5B0%5D={{dc:post:id}}

Thanks

Hi Tristup

Thank you very much for your great support! Now it works perfect! Great - that is exactly, what I was looking for!

How can I get the footer, which I have built in X-Pro, at the end of the single post page from the Layout Builder? In the Layout Builder it shows the footer , but on the frontend it is missing (see attachments).

Thank you very much fpr your help!

Hello Felix,

You need to assign the footer for that you need to go to Pro—>Footer—>Select your Footer that you want to assign, click on the edit button—>Click on the Setting Icon—>Assignment Condition —>Click on Edit—>Set the condition “All Singular”

main-footer-Footers-Proa

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi Prakash

WOW - perfect! Thank you very much!

Hi Felix,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.