X Pro on Local Server

Hello Gents,

I installed and activated my X-Pro theme. However I’ve migrated it to a local server to continue working on it (for obvious reasons). When I’m done, I’m going to migrate it back to hostgator servers making all the changes live across the web. Here’s my question:

Can I work on my localhost copy of my domain (with the unlicensed versions of X-Pro) and then migrate these changes to a web server? Or do I need to validate my localhost copy (as I did with the web hosted domain)? Please advise. Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in! yes you can work on your local site without validating it, but the same rules apply you can not update it automatically and you can not install extensions on it.

Please navigate to your licenses page, you can actually assign a license to a production site and a staging site (https://prnt.sc/fw1j5h), that way you can validate both.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!