X-Pro missing category within breadcrumbs

Trying to build a better/improved version of our store with X-pro as a store theme, I just ran into the next disappointment. It turns out that the category is simply missing from the breadcrumbs.

This is how it should be:
2021-01-11_12-50-38

This is what is being displayed at the product level using the X-pro breadcrumbs element:
2021-01-11_12-57-01

Reading through the forum I find suggestions that this is somehow considered normal behavior…?
That should be considered a joke right?

I too have the sam exact problem, I believe it started post my theme upgrade :frowning: can someone please help ??

Since the breadcrumbs not showing my google web master console also complaining issues with breadcrumbs

Hi Ruud,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin that causing the missing category with breadcrumbs because when I check on my install the breadcrumbs is just working properly.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

@saif39, I suggest that you will create your own thread so that we can better help you with your issue.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

hello @marc_a,

Thanks for your response.

The test install is fully up-to-date with updates of X-pro and Wordpress. Tried it before without any active plugins. Are you sure you are testing the woocommerce breadcrumbs, not the standard WP? Are you using the breadcrumb element in the pro-editor?

Our test site is not accessible unless we add you IP-address, can you supply that?

Hello Ruud,

Regretfully we cannot supply any IP address because our staff works in different locations geographically.

Meanwhile, please be advised that our breadcrumb displays the Home > Shop > {Product name} as shown here:

Normally, the category name is not displayed in the URL or in the breadcrumb. Be advised that in each product, you can assign it to several categories. Imagine how it would be displayed or which category would be prioritized to be displayed in the URL or breadcrumb.

If you want to add the category and subcategory in breadcrumbs, It would require custom development. We would highly recommend you to consult a developer who can assist you with your concern. Be advised that custom development is beyond the scope of our support already. We are unable to provide support for customizations under our Support Policy.

Best Regards.

Hello Rue,

Thanks for the insights. This probably explains the space between both delimiters like > space >. Since our shop page is fully custom and uses no title.

Our current breadcrumbs (from the storefront + outlet theme) display the categories where the product that is chosen has originated from. Therefore always displaying the correct category or categories.

For me this is “basic” shop working. Although I understand your suggestion for custom development, this should be a standard available feature for any woocommerce supporting theme.

Although I do appreciate the latest improvement and added functionality, as for shop application there is a lot missing. See my previous emails for other lacking features.

I really do hope that team themeco will put extra effort into missing shopping features. We planned to completely switch towards X-theme/pro, at this stage we are stuck…

In his latest status report Kyle talks about "This will be more of a maintenance cycle to address a few lose ends and small features. " Would these loose ends also apply to missing woocommerce functionality?

Hello @ruudvanbeek,

Thanks for the feedback. I will be adding your feedback as a feature request so it can be taken into consideration for future development.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.