X Pro Loading & Saving Issues

I’m working on my first site using X Pro and so far everything was going fine. I was closing in on completing a 6 page site, when I was suddenly no longer able to save updates to a page I was working on. Then, a totally different page starting refusing to load pre-built templates. Then, another page refuses to load in Cornerstone at all.

All of this occurred within about 30 minutes of one another and now, I’m stuck with a DOA site.

After reading a number of comments from people experiencing similar things, I have the following set per the advice of the forum:
PHP is set to 7.1
MySQL is 5.6.3
The mod_rewrite Apache module is enabled
PHP Max Execution time set to 300

I’ve also added the following code to my config file, but none of this is doing anything.
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

None of it is having any effect on the issues I’m facing. So now I’m literally at the point where I have to export the entire site and attempt to start over with a fresh install (really not excited about that).

I’ll provide login credentials in the following post, but would really appreciate any insight you can lend before I scorch the earth and start fresh.

Thx-

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I managed to go to your website Wordpress dashboard and change things around on all pages with no problem. I used the Google Chrome browser.

The only thing I think can be the problem cause is the WP-Rocket plugin. You will need to set that plugin to make sure there is no minification of assets as our theme already does that.

Besides that, the site is pretty good regarding the ability to change things around. I suggest that you check the case with another browser as the cache may be causing the issue for your current browser.

Thank you.

1 Like

At the time I originally experienced this, the problem had spread to every page, making the site completely uneditable. I had not yet installed WP Rocket, had turned all plugins off entirely, utilized multiple browsers, systems and internet access points (with and without a VPN). The problem had been clearly isolated to the page builder as the problem.

However, for no reason I can see, you are correct that everything seems to be working as of this morning. So while I’m thrilled that I have regained functionality, I must say that having spoken to many other users about this issue while we were collectively experiencing it, it has shaken my confidence in the X Pro system. Had this error occurred during a time-sensitive site update (which we encounter regularly) it could easily have been devasting to be without the ability save or even load our pages.

Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate your help and assistance. I only say all this in hopes that it properly voices my concern to the Themeco organization. X used to be a nearly infallible product - bulletproof. Now I find myself either building in Version 4 or simply withholding recommendations when other developers ask my opinion. The new bells and whistles are very impressive, but if they have come at the cost of the brand’s reliability, I’m just not sure it was worth it.

Hi There,

We do understand your point but since it is working now let’s try checking error log. You can download using FTP on your hosting or ask for it from your hosting provider. Let’s see if there’s some detailed information there. Check memory usage on your hosting too. Even if you have added those code, but if it is already maximum on your hosting, that will not work.

Thank you for your interest in getting to the bottom of this error, Lely.

Memory
My memory limit is set to 256M globally on our hosting setup. I can set that as high as 512M if you think there’s any value there.

Error Log
I’m not 100% sure I’ve got the correct information here, but I was able to retrieve this log file from cPanel. Is this the information you need? Or is there a separate log file for errors?

EDIT: I’m not able to upload a .txt file for some reason. How would you like me to share this information with you?

Hi There,

You may copy the last few parts of the error log on your reply. Check the date. The part of the error log where the date coincide where this issue happens.