X pro footer builder conflict with Essential grid

Hi there,

I am working on a online store and it is heavily reliant on both essential grid and the footer builder.

I read through some of the other topics and it appears there is a known conflict with the footer builder and essentials grid.

In my case, the footer footers are not visible on any page where essential grid is present, but works fine on all other pages.

Are there any know work arounds so I can force my footer to display on essential grid pages?

Hi there,

There are no reports in our internal system which shows any major problem regarding usage of the Footer builder and Essential Grids. I suggest that you give us the credentials of your Wordpress installation using the secure note functionality of the post to check stuff on your environment.

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is that make sure that you use the latest version of the Pro (1.1.1) and deactivate 3rd party plugins to double check and see if there are any conflicts on that regard.

Thank you.

Hi there I will leave the credentials in my next post.

I have done some additional trouble shooting and nothing I do seems to fix the problems.

Thus far I have disabled all of the plugins.

I switched from pro child to pro (to see if any of my customizations had an impact), I even removed the CSS from the global customizer, the single page customizer and the additional CSS.

I now only have assigned the main footer to all pages, and still no luck. I have cleared the cache, tried different browsers, pretty much anything I could think of!

I should also mention, that the issue is only on pages with WooCommerce, and all of my plugins and themes are up to date.

Ok so this ended up being extremely strange.

Things are not exactly set up the way they were, and I have made some changes, as it relates to the footer content. I will need approval from the designers before I can be certain we are in the clear, but here is effectively what I did.

#1 - I moved from several footers to 1 standard xtheme for now. Still no change in how the footer was displaying on the pages in question. (anything that has anything to do with woocommerce)

#2 - made styling changes via the global customizer for the footer. changes were again not noticeable on Woo related pages.

#3 - moved CSS changes from global customizer to the “additional CSS” section of the customizer and voila the changes worked. From here, I will either lobby to keep one footer ( which I think I could make a case for tying everythin together). And I I can’t win that argument, I can create custom CSS rules for each page.

My question is now a function of why? Is this speicifically limited to siteground? Where I am hosting the Dev site? Or is this a broader problem with Woo and Ess Grid in coordination with all of the footers I had? As I mentioned, I deleted all of my other footers, I don’t think I should have to do that, but it is how it is for now. Totally strange… Once again, any insight would be helpful.

Hello There,

Thank you for detailed information. We would love to help you figure out the root of the issue, unfortunately the password is incorrect. We need to check and compare your footer settings to what is available on the frontend.

Hi there please try again :slight_smile: The password should be correct now… though I am not sure why it wasn’t in the first place.

Hello There,

Thank you for updating the credentials. I was able to investigate and I can confirm that this is a bug. This is a conflict between the header/footer builder and WooCommerce. As a matter of fact, we have a standing issue with all the WooCommerce pages not taking the custom header or footer. It looks like WooCommerce only uses for the URL, and their code makes WordPress no longer consider it a “page”. Rest assured that our development team is working towards a solution for this matter. Please bear with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind for future projects, I was successfully able to make my case to the design team for using a single footer. SO we are in the clear on that one for now.

You are most welcome! Take care!