X Pro: Bar in the top position on top of a side bar

I have a side bar containing logo and menu. I have also added a bar to the top position that will contain some contact information. If there a way to have the top bar overlay the side bar? I have tried using z-index to accomplish this with no luck. Is this something to do with the interaction between fixed and relative elements?

Thank you.

Hey,

To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

The site is currently on a development server and accessible outside of our network. Hope this image helps. Both bars are created in X Pro headers. The gray bar is created in the top position and is sticky. The menu is in the left position. I would like the grey bar to overlap the left bar, as though it had a higher z-index. I have been unable to accomplish this just using the z-index settings, however. Side bar is at 9999 and top bar is at 12000. Checked in Inspector to confirm these settings were applied.`Thought maybe is was an issue with fixed and relative elements interacting, but can’t seem to sort it out.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Are your using Icon stack? Please keep in mind that with when you position the sidebar to the left/right of the page, the header will then start from the edge of the sidebar and not over the sidebar. This is how it is designed. Going beyond it like what you have shown in the screenshot would require custom development. Please keep in mind that custom development is outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

Thank you for the response. I took a look in inpector and sw the structure of the sections you were referring to. No prioblem, I think I can just fake the look I’m trying to get. Thank you for the help.

You are welcome!