X not saving CSS edits

Hi -

I’m using WordPress 4.8 and X Theme 5.1, and I’m not able to save changes to CSS on a page edit.

Reading through previous Forum responses, I’ve added these lines to the wp-config.php file:

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );

define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

I’ve also deactivated all plug-ins except for X. Not exactly sure what to try next.

This is the CSS I was trying to install:


.parallax4d {
    /* The image used */
    background-image: url("http://www.tci.dgtlworkshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/4d_para_1.jpg");

    /* Set a specific height */
    min-height: 500px; 

    /* Create the parallax scrolling effect */
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position: center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
}

.smarallax4d {
    /* The image used */
    background-image: url("http://www.tci.dgtlworkshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/4d_para_2.jpg");

    /* Set a specific height */
    min-height: 700px; 

    /* Create the parallax scrolling effect */
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position: center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
}
.tharallax4d {
    /* The image used */
    background-image: url("http://www.tci.dgtlworkshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/4d_para_3.jpg");

    /* Set a specific height */
    min-height: 700px; 

    /* Create the parallax scrolling effect */
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position: center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
}

And the site is here:

http://www.tci.dgtlworkshop.com

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password
– FTP credentials

Thanks.

Hi There,

Where exactly are you adding it? On which page? I tried to add it on Global Custom CSS on Theme Options and it save properly. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbienglltV. No errors. I can see it now I checked the frontend source code. Then I tried checking About page too, then just hit save to see any errors. It save fine with no errors on the console. Can you confirm if this issue only happens on specific page?

I am trying to add it to the “Home - Front Page”. in the CSS section.

When I try to add it, I get the first “success!” banner across the screen but then I never get the Cornerstone animation for when it’s actually saved. The green progress bar at the top of the screen never finishes, even after leaving the browser window open for an hour.

I’ve just tried it again and it doesn’t save.

The procedure I’m using is to go to the “Pages” section, choose “Home- Front Page”, then “Edit with Cornerstone”. I click on the “CSS” tab on the left side of the screen, then copy and paste the CSS text into the CSS screen. I click the “Save” box at the bottom left of the screen. I get a green success banner across the browser, but the progress line at the top of the browser never reaches completion.

Are you saving CSS outside of Cornerstone? Is there some way I should be entering CSS text in Cornerstone now that I’m doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi,

I tried to type it in and it saved without issues.

Sometimes when we copy and paste there some unusual characters being copied and that it is messing up with cornerstone.

If you are having similar issue in the future, try to add bits by bits so you’ll know what is causing the issue.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.