X layout issues upgrading from v4 to v5

Hi –

I’m trying to upgrade from v4 to v5 ever since version 5 came out, but I’m facing serious layout issues and I can’t get to them. After trying to do this for over half a year with each minor version, I decided to create a copy of the site so I can take it slowly.

BTW I am using cloudflare, but it does not seem to be a caching issue as the site is now on a completely new domain (and this new domain only ever had the new version).

So, here’s my online version running on v4:

http://www.speedemy.com

And here’s an updated version with all plugins disabled, widgets and customizations removed:

http://v5.speedemy.com

I’m sure it’s something simple but I just can’t get to it, any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Aurimas

Hey Aurimas,

Thanks for writing in. First, I don’t see Cornerstone in your v5 site. Please go to X > Overview and X will install Cornerstone automatically for you. It also looks like your the stylesheet is not complete. Are you using Cloudflare in your v5 site? If so, please disconnect Cloudflare while we troubleshoot to completely rule out CDN optimization issues.

Thanks.

Thanks for your swift response, @christian_y

Regarding the Cornerstone – I do see it’s enabled as a plugin, however this could be a licence issue since I’m using the same licence here as in my production website. Maybe there’s some temporary licence you can give away for such case, or something like that?

As for the cloudflare, I have created an alias through which you can access the website directly without any caching involved:

http://sp-v5.crz.lt

And just as I did this (and when I have updated wp_options in db to make sure it’s using this new domain), the site showed up just fine. Which definitely points to cloudflare as being the cause of this. Now I’m going in to check if I can manually invalidate all cache…

Thanks,
Aurimas

I still can’t quite understand why using different domain I was still having issues with cloudflare+browser cache, but it’s very clear this was definitely the case – I’ve cleared both browser and cloudflare cache and now the new version of the website looks perfect.

Thanks so much for helping me resolve this issue!

We are glad that the issue has been resolved!
Let us know if you want anything else.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.