X-icons missing in Edge Browser

x-icons are not displaying when viewing site in the Edge browser.

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for writing in, but sorry I can’t replicate the issue I can see icons on your site, please clarify what x-icons you’re referring to.

I see your PRO theme is a few updates behind, please update to the latest version to make sure this is not an incompatibility issue.

How to Update

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

Is that screenshot you took in the Edge browser? All other browsers work appropriately.

Hi Nathan,

Yes my screenshot is from Edge browser, I check it again and the icons are showing up. Please clear your Edge browser’s cache, deactivate all your Edge browser add-ons if any. If the issue still persists, try deactivating your anti-virus/firewall (yes anti-virus blocks site resources sometimes). If the issue still persists, please reset your Edge browser settings to default.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thanks for the help. It appears to be domain policies with the edge and IE browser, no worries!

We’re glad that you discovered the cause of the issue.

Icons are not showing again, in any browser unless I log into the admin portal. In Chrome and safari I am receiving a blank box and edge and IE show a blank space. I can confirm this is happening outside/inside of our work network.

Hi Nathan,

Sorry but we could not really replicate the issue, the icons are showing on your site all across my browsers (IE, EDGE, FireFox, Chrome)

More likely is something on your end that is causing this. Try deactivating your anti-virus/firewall (yes anti-virus blocks site resources sometimes).

Thanks,

Hello,
It is just odd that it would allow me to view them while visiting the site in admin mode and not show them when visiting the site outside of admin mode. Simply disabling all antivirus is not a viable solution. I have checked on our work network, which sits behind firewall and other applications and get the results mentioned. I have also done this from a home network with security settings disabled and still get the same results.

However, I am able to connect with an iOS device on both work and home networks and the icons are appearing. Also, this issue does not seem consistent as I have been able to view them from any device from either network in the past. Seems to me like there is an issue from where the resources are being pulled from. Please advise.

Thanks,
Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Sorry, but we can’t really replicate this issue on our end, base on that last reply of yours that sounds a caching related issue to me. Please make sure you clear all your caching plugin (don’t just deactivate it), and your network might have it’s own caching too, please check that as well.

Just do a test to see if your antivirus is causing the issue. If it is, then exclude/whitelist the blocked resources from your antivirus settings.

Yeah, that is also a possibility please contact your hosting regarding that, they might have a better clue of the issue.

Thanks,

This can be closed and thank you for the help. It looks like the issue was with our testing sub-domain directory, which is why it would work in admin mode since it directed to the original.

Glad to hear you got it sorted, Nathan.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.