X Facebook Plugin Shows PHP Error

Hello! We are using a Pro child theme and have encountered a PHP error with the bundled X Facebook Comments plugin. You can see the error on the front page of our blog, and I have attached a screenshot of the problem:

The ‘undefined index’ error shows up on most of our archive pages (see here, here). It’s preventing the plugin from retrieving our number of Facebook comments on each article. The error disappears when the X Facebook Comments plugin is deactivated. When activated, the error randomly disappears (and retrieves the number of comments correctly) as you refresh/navigate between pages… but it always reappears. Not sure what that’s about.

I only know very basic PHP, and I would prefer not to alter the plugin files (to avoid update overwrites). Is there any way to resolve this error so it retrieves the number of comments correctly?

Bookmarking this thread.

For some reason, this got posted from my work account even though I specifically logged into my personal account to keep track of the project. The account avatar switches between the two in Apex when I click between ‘Forum’ and ‘Account’, it’s really bizarre. I’ve encountered this cookie error a lot and had to use incognito to get around it. :frowning: Also, I couldn’t find any way to delete the thread to repost it from my personal account.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! You can safely ignore PHP notices by changing the following line in your wp-config.php file located under the root of your WordPress installation.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

change it as follows and save the changes.

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Hope that helps.

That worked! Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile: