X error - can't load preview

I am having issues with editing a pre-existing page in Cornerstone. The error message is related to plug-in conflict or aggressive page caching.

I checked past threads about this and started troubleshooting.

I checked that we have the most up-to-date versions of the theme and Cornerstone. I deactivated all the plugins and the issue remained.

I don’t know where to delete the cache. And I’m not a developer what or where to edit code.

So I deleted the page and started from scratch but I am still getting the same error. I duplicated a page I can edit in Cornerstone but the new page has the same error.

Can you advise how I can fix this?

Thank you!

Hello @Ekpebu,

Thanks for writing in!

For more troubleshooting issues and how to resolve related to the builder, please check this out:

Most of the time, the cause is caching. Please go to the plugins section and disable any caching plugin.
It is also good to check whether you have Endurance Page Cache installed. Simply go to Settings > General > Endurance Page Cache.

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thank you! I don’t seem to have a cache plugin but it could be something to do with an updated secure certificate. I’ll send through my login details - thanks again!

Hello @Ekpebu,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in and check your setting. I found out that your site URL, WordPress Address URL and the dashboard url is not using the same protocol. You will need them to have the same https protocol.

I went ahead and already edited your settings. Please check your page in Cornerstone now.

1 Like

This is great, thank you so much! Works perfectly now!

You are most welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.