X Editor just spinning

I have gone through all the steps in previous topics, and nothing is working.
I have checked all the plugins, re-installed the theme and cornerstone plugin, I have dumped my cache on both browser and site, and nothing is working…I am able to use the 2020 theme, and cornerstone will work there (although it looks wierd), but once I re-activate the x theme, cornerstone doesn’t work.

Hi @ichurchgroup,

Thanks for writing to us.

It could also mean that you have exhausted your PHP memory limit. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @ichurchgroup,

I have logged in to your site and investigated the issue. It appears that the custom PHP code added in your child theme’s funcions.php file is the one that caused the issue. You have added this:

//Defer Pasing JavaScript for entire website, including Plugins, but without jQuery.js
//Feel free to change "async" to "defer". $files will be excluded
function defer_parsing_of_js($url)
{
//Specify which files to EXCLUDE from defer method. Always add jquery.js
    $files = array('jquery.js');
//let's not break back-end
    if (!is_admin()) {
        if (false === strpos($url, '.js')) {
            return $url;
        }

foreach ($files as $file) {
            if (strpos($url, $file)) {
                return $url;
            }
        }
    } else {
        return $url;
    }
    return "$url' defer='defer";

}
add_filter('clean_url', 'defer_parsing_of_js', 11, 1);

function _remove_script_version( $src ){
$parts = explode( '?', $src );
return $parts[0];
}
add_filter( 'script_loader_src', '_remove_script_version', 15, 1 );
add_filter( 'style_loader_src', '_remove_script_version', 15, 1 );

At the moment, I have added // or commented on the lines of your code so that it will not be rendered by WordPress. The Cornerstone editor and the X > Theme Options are now loading.

Kindly check your site now.

It is working now…thank you so much.
So how do I defer parsing without breaking the backend editor?

Hey @ichurchgroup,

You probably can do this with a third party plugin but please note that we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.