X - Display Uber Menu in Brand Area

Using X, not Pro. I have two questions regarding the brand area in the masthead.

  1. How do I display an Uber Menu in the brand area? I have the following code in an x-child theme in the framework/views/global folder which is displaying the logo and Organization Name correctly. I would like to add an Uber Menu to the left of the logo.

    <?php

    // =============================================================================
    // VIEWS/GLOBAL/_BRAND.PHP
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Outputs the brand.
    // =============================================================================

    $site_name = get_bloginfo( ‘name’ );
    $site_description = get_bloginfo( ‘description’ );
    $logo = x_make_protocol_relative( x_get_option( ‘x_logo’ ) );
    $site_logo = ‘' . $site_description . '’;

    ?>

    <?php echo ( is_front_page() ) ? '

    ' . $site_name . '

    ' : ''; ?> <?php echo ( $logo == '' ) ? $site_name : $site_logo; ?>

    ORGANIZATION NAME

  2. How can I fix the brand area at the top of the page so it doesn’t scroll off, but remains fixed at the top?

Thanks,
Cecil Bordages

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) If you are using X 5.x.x and have installed UberMenu already, the navbar menu will be replaced by Ubermenu automatically. Simply set your Logo and navigation in the theme options as inline and you will have the logo on the left and the ubermenu on the right. If you want to switch them places we can do that with custom css. So for now, please do the following:
a.) Install Ubermenu Menu. You can install it by going to X > Overview > Extensions.
b.) Please set the logo and navigation as inline. Please go to X > Launch > Options > Header > Logo and Navigation > Layout.

2.) To set the navbar as Fixed Top, simply go to X > Launch > Options > Header > Navbar and set the Navbar Position as Fixed Top.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.