X Child Theme format corrupted after Wordpress update

Hi, the formatting of my site has gone wrong after a WordPress update to the latest version.

I updated a lot of plug in as well. I tried to have a look on the X Theme formatting pages and under many options but none fixed the format.

The headers and footers are in the wrong place and the width looks to have changed.

Please advise.

Hey Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

I suspect this could be a cache issue, please make sure to clear all your cache features associated with your website. Please also go to Cornerstone > Settings > System and hit the “Clear Style Cache”, this should clear the Cornerstone cache.

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Hello @Trillion_Peak,

It seems that it might be the issue of version compatibility issue. Please make sure your WordPress version is updated and the PHP version is 7.4 or 7.4+ as per our version compatibility page.

It is also recommended by WordPress as well please have a look at this article.

I would suggest you please purge all the cache from the server-side. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If it doesn’t work, I would suggest you follow these steps.

1. Activate the default theme of WordPress and deactivate the X theme
  2. Delete the X theme and Cornerstone plugin
  3. Download the fresh copy of the X theme from the Themeco account dashboard
  4. Reinstall the X theme, after the X theme is installed, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

Please note you must have the backup of the site database and files before performing the above steps.

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.