X 6.5.6 - activation errors

Hi, I maintain a WordPress site that’s currently running X version 6.5.6. Yesterday I wasn’t able to log into the admin panel (the site itself was working). I got an email from Wordpress with a recovery mode login link. Upon login I saw error messages that theme X couldn’t be loaded properly along with multiple errors from the theme itself and a few plugins saying the theme is not activated. I thought maybe my license expired so I purchased a new one, but when I tried to activate it via the dashboard - upon logging into my ThemeCo account it showed a 404 error (page not found) and the activation didn’t go through. I ended up restoring from backup to fix the issue, but I am worried it might happen again and I have no way of activating it.

Additionally, how hard would it be to upgrade to the latest version of X? Thanks a lot!

Hello Alex,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that you have updated the Cornerstone plugin and the X theme. Update your WordPress core and make sure that in Tools > Site Health > Info, there are no performance issues. You can check the server requirements to run the latest version by looking at this article:

If this does not help, please provide us with your URL so we can check it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I tried updating to the very latest version of the theme from my current (6.5.6) and the site was completely broken. I had to restore from backup to get it working again. It seems jumping 4 major versions is quite the challenge and it seems that a lot of the website will have to be rebuilt.

Hey Alex,

We would love to check. your server and site settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Alex,

You are using PHP 7.4. I would recommend that you create a staging site so that we can troubleshoot and do the updates in the staging area first. You might want to check this out:

Best Regards.

Thank you for checking and the suggestion! I will look into it and reach out if I have issues.

No problem. You can send us the staging site details when you can set it up so we can also check of you are also having problems in the staging.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.