X 6.0.4 Update - CSS & JS issues

Good Morning,

I have updated X to the latest however when I attempt to update the homepage the CSS seems to be stuck in the way it was before the update.

I have tried deleting all CSS & JS & while cornerstone view shows these changes once I save & view the page it still shows the CSS that was perviously attached to the page. Once I close cornerstone edit page tab & reopen (X -> edit page) it loads up with all the CSS I previously deleted.

I have attempted to delete cornerstone plugin & let X auto reinstall incase this was the issue incase it was stuck on a previous version however no luck.

Regards,
Andrew

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I can confirm that the issue exist. It looks as if the there is something that prevents Cornerstone from saving the page. Since you are using SiteGround, could you please clear your site cache or temporarily disable the supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

I have just double checked & sitegrounds supercasher is already disabled.

Is there any other potential workarounds for now that can be done? Cheers.

Regards,
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

I see you’ve deactivated SG caching but you also used W3 Total Cache. Please completely uninstall W3 Total Cache because it leaves configurations behind which might cause issues. Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Unfortunately still having the same issue with W3 plugin removed

Regards,
Andrew

Hi @tekserv,

In this case, please try to test for plugin conflict so we could which plugin that causing not to save your setup customizations.

You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks.

Hi Nico,

It looks like a plugin i use “wp latest post” does not work with the new x theme. After disabling this plugin cornerstone now working as it should.

Thanks for your assistance :slight_smile:

Regards,
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

You are always welcome. It’s good to know that you have found the culprit if the issue.
If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to create another thread.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.