Www. breaks my website?

Hi there,

I migrated a sub Domain recently and had trouble for a bit of time (<24h), with changing my URL to https. So, tonight I’m working in the website and decide on a lark to change and put www into the prefix. As soon as I did that I lost my woocommerce product description tabs and menu’s obstructed the buttons that initiate them. In turn I got video’s on the front page to open in a lightbox that hadn’t been doing so. Ergo thinking this kind of action/reaction maybe simple plugin stuff.

So, does that sound merely plugin related?

The http/https thing was fixed with a bit of code found-here for ‘body overflow hidden’ . That got rid of double scroll bars that would appear with https and not http alone.

So, ideas?

Summary

https://2aholster.com

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have check your site and I found out that you inserted an invalid JS code in the customizer’s custom css. This is the the correct way of inserting the Facebook code. To insert it, please check out this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-add-code-below-head-on-all-pages-for-facebook-pixels/14713/4

And by the way, I noticed that you are using WP Rocket. You must clear the WP Rocket cache and regenerate JS/CSS files if you have minified it.

Hope this helps.

Hey there,

This suggestion helped in that I simply went and removed the code. I don’t have WP-Rocket turned on, so I went to cloudfare and purged the entire website, and cleared cache on all browsers before going back to the website.

WITHOUT the above code, when I change the URL to include www. the website breaks. Losing my woocommerce product description tabs. And main and alt menus that are triggered with a button, those menus then obscure the button that clicks them on/off.

Summary

I also have that same Sub Domain still up , x.2aholster.com That is the theme and website I migrated to 2aholster.com
x.2a doesn’t have the problem that 2aholster has. X.2a has the code I removed as suggested above. This is a weird conundrum and I haven’t a clue as to what is wrong.
As for minification. I have the x.2a site allowing Wp-ROcket to indeed minify html,css & js. and no issues there. Though in the past I have had much trouble with minification.

Thanks and look forward to resolving this!
tom

Hi,

Also, though I didn’t notice it this morning. The menu buttons do not work on FF or Comodo browsers. If I log in, they work, logged out they do not. They DO work in Chrome Only.
thanks,
tom

Resolved. Pt.1; htaccess file was full of leftovers of wp-Rocket.
thanks,
tom

Hi Tom,

Glad to hear it’s sorted and thanks for letting us know.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.