WPML Translation Issues

Hi @Rad,
As requested, I’ve started a new thread. Here’s the link to current conversation on the WPML issue:

Here’s where I’m at. I continued this morning to work with the WPML Translation pages, but all new elements were missing. Moreover, after translation the few elements that are showing, this is the typical result I am getting online:

I proceeded then this afternoon with your recommendation of duplicating and translating manually. Although, this was only possible this afternoon, as the “duplicating” message did not display on Thursday, nor did it display earlier this morning…Strange!

I have successfully translated the “Career” page into German. One of the pages with the fewest elements and no plugins. But…the translations for the new Text and Button elements worked :grinning:

I am still very cautious at this stage about continuing with manual translating the whole website. What happens when there is an update from WPML or for the X Theme?

How do you suggest I proceed with the rest of the translation?

I will include my Admin details privately, so you can check out the setup.

Thanks again for all your help

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

In terms of future updates, please clone your site into staging and do the updates and further fixes, then move it live once done. Updates are part of site maintenance and should be done in a test environment. Common mistakes of users are jumping to updates when there are unknown feature gaps and it mostly kills their sites. It’s been my practice too when doing development, backup after backup and testing without touching the working copy of the site.

As for the translations, it’s a bug in v2 elements, for now, please use classic elements or re-create your content by re-adding those elements especially the sections/rows/columns.

Thanks.

Hi @Rad,
Thanks for your feedback.
Changing back to the classic elements is really not an option. There are far too many elements on pages to correct.
It would be similar to redoing the whole website.

It would be quicker to proceed with manual translating the pages for now. Would you recommend?

Do you have a timeline for the bug fix of the v2 elements?

Is there an alternative multilingual plugin that is supported and there are no bugs, or is it just WPML?
I see, unfortunately that Polylang is not compatible. A great plugin that I use on all other Wordpress sites.

Look forward to your feedback.

Thanks again,
Cara

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA regarding the release of the fix for this specific case. We will have a major release soon that you will need to check the changelog to see if this particular case is in or not:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Our theme does not have any official support for any other translation plugin and only the WPML which our development team is working on for the V2 element case.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.