WPML translated pages via the translation editor

Good afternoon Themeco team !

I have a question about the new WPML feature in XPro.

I have translated pages in several languages via the translation manager process as documented here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/xtheme/

Now I would like to use the new language switcher feature that as been added in the latest Cornerstone update.
The problem is that when doing this, the WPML translation manager simply replaces strings in the shortcode for the different languages, but doesn’t generate the proper cornerstone meta data.

So my original page appears correctly in English, but the translations are just empty pages.
Is there a way (maybe a script or plugin) to update the translations and generate the proper meta data from the shortcode ?
This way, the content would be updated and the translations visible via the Cornerstone language switcher.

Many thanks in advance for your advice on this.

Gil

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

With a new way of generating v2 shortcodes, I think it’s not possible anymore, or not yet. But you can always translate the entire page the usual way, like from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oq0a5f7s2fd852/CornerstoneTranslation.mp4?dl=0. It’s been like that ever since before the new translation feature in WPML.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.