WPML & Post Grid Glitch with Default Language

Hi! We are using X and WPML to offer a trilingual site. We have it set to show the default language (English) if translations are not offered.

Unfortunately, when we use the Post Grid with anything other than Show All, the posts without translations show up briefly, and then disappear. We have hundreds of posts in our News feed and need to paginate or use a load more button.

We spoke with WPML support, and they think it is a javascript conflict. Can you help us?

Thank you!

Hey Nate,

Thanks for writing in! The issue could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

• Testing for Plugin Conflict
  • JS Customization
  • Disabling Cache

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you for the speedy reply!!

I already deactivated all plugins except Cornerstone, WP Bakery, and WPML. I do not have any cache plugins running, and there is no custom JS.

I have updated the secure note with login URL, test page location & URL, and user/pass for an Admin account.

Thanks for any help you can offer!!

Hi Nate,

Given credentials are not working, can you please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Sorry about that! I made a dumb mistake. They should work now

Hi Nate,

I checked your website dashboard and set Load More button correctly. You have set the wrong configuration in the Post Grid.

In “Total Items”, you need to set the total number of posts that you want to display
Items per page”, Here you need to set the number of posts to show per page

Output

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I understand that we must set the total posts and the posts per page. However, that does not solve the vanishing post problem. Both queries are the same, however on the frontend, they are showing different posts.

<p>[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]</p>
<h2>Post Grid with Style=Load-More</h2>
<p>[/vc_column_text][vc_basic_grid post_type="post" max_items="2" style="load-more" items_per_page="2" element_width="6" btn_color="danger" grid_id="vc_gid:1599450923188-9a39229d-4660-4" taxonomies="11"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]</p>
<h2>Post Grid without Style=Load-More</h2>
<p>[/vc_column_text][vc_basic_grid post_type="post" max_items="2" element_width="6" item="218" grid_id="vc_gid:1599450923189-e495718c-c4c7-8" taxonomies="11"][/vc_column][/vc_row]</p>

If the grid is set to Load More, then it will not show the posts that are missing French/Kreyol translations. It shows up briefly in the top grid, and then vanishes and is replaced with a French/Kreyol post.

Hey Nate,

This could be a bug in WPBakery Builder only. To confirm that, please deactivate all plugins again except Visual Composer and WPML. Then, switch to the default WordPress theme like Twenty20.

You can report the result to us with the described setup and we’ll post this case in our issue tracker so this will be queued to be reported to WPBakery Builder developers or our developers if the issue is with our theme.

Alternatively, you can try using one of the bundled grid plugins to see if they will work with WPML. Please visit the links below for more details and plugin usage instructions.

Thanks for testing.

Thanks for the response. I have deactivated all plugins, including Cornerstone. I have activated the Twenty Twenty theme. The error is still happening.

How do I report this to WPBakery? Or is that something you can do?

Thanks!

Nate.

Hi Nate,

We will post this in our issue tracker so this issue will be queued for fixing by WP Bakery development team. Alternatively, you can report this to WP Bakery support forum: https://support.wpbakery.com/

Thanks

Prefect, thank you!

My license/support for WPBakery from a different project has expired, so I cannot report it to them.

Thanks for all the help.

Nate.

Hi Nate,

Glad that we are able to help you

Have a great day!
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.