WPML in Pro workarounds?

Hi,
I’ve seen most of the current incompatibility issues surrounding WPML and Pro header/footer in the forums here, so I’m going back to using the X theme header/footer setup, but not sure the best practices and how-tos, since most of the stuff I’ve found was for regular X, and it seems the file structure for Pro is a little different than from regular X.

1.) I want to add the menu language switcher in the topbar, how can I do that?
2.) And how can the WPML know the difference between the different language pages to show the proper header/footer?

Hey there,

  1. The language switcher could not be added in the topbar out of the box. You’ll need to add it in the topbar template file. The file you need to edit is _topbar.php. You can copy it from wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global to your child theme’s pro-child\framework\views\global folder. X and Pro detects legacy templates.

See this guide to integrate WPML in a theme.

  1. WPML can’t detect headers and footers currently. It could be possible with custom development but that would be outside the scope of our support. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at [email protected] if this is of interest to you.

Thanks.