WPML duplicated pages not loading in pro Editor

Hi!
I have the exact same problem as this WPML duplicated pages not working in the Pro Editor

Only there’s no described solution in this article. When I try to edit the duplicated enlish version of the page I get this error message:

The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong

I tried disabling all the plugins except the main WPML plugin and (Jetpack+Aksimet+ Vaultpress I don’t like disabling these because it will lead to me having to reconnect to the jetpack/vaultpress/Aksimet account again and the last time I did it all the statistics for the site disappeared when I did this too, so I really hope it’s not related to these.)

The site is https://www.showdevida.no

I am trying to create an English version of it.

Hi all!

I got the same error with my Pro Theme Page. In my case, I even don’t see the copy button. If I click on the language button at the bottom of my page, I get this error message which, so I supposed, is the same like the thread opener.

By any chance, any of you are hosted at SiteGround? (or use Object Caching?)
If no, nevermind.
If yes, I’ll check something.

Hi @magikweb

Thank you for your answer. For my site, I’m using a swiss web hosting provider with PHP Version 7.2.34 and no caching options enabled (or plugins installed).

Kind Regards,

Abhijit

1 Like

Alright, we’ll keep an eye on this thread, we’ve had similar issues still happening last week.

Maybe there is an Issue with the url structure in wpml. But that doesn’t change if I change the permalinks in WordPress. I hope they find a solution for that problem. Or if You find something, maybe you could share your thoughts with us :slight_smile:

Hello There,

Please go to WPML > Language and change the Language URL format.

Dear @magikweb and @abhijit_bossotto;
Please create a separate thread for your issues. It would also help if you can provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

![image|690x165](upload://rNac4h0SWKsmR1lTEFb4Lj32hFN.png)

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,
thank you very much for your help. Your answer with the url helped me a lot. Now it worked just fine.
Kind Regards,
Abhijit

Hi Abhijit,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

Same here works perfectly fine now after changing the URL setting

Hi Ariell,

We’re glad that you’re able to solve your issue. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.