WPML Dropdown Not Showing in Pro Header Widget Area

Hi,

I’m currently working on a landing page in Pro, using WPML for multilingual functionality. I have managed to work around the known compatibility issues, but am currently struggling with the language switcher. The dropdown isn’t showing up, and I haven’t been able to find the issue.

URL: http://wordpress-93166-287037.cloudwaysapps.com/

The dropdown is included in a widget area in the header (I prefer this over a menu for several reasons). Is there a fix for this or should I add the switcher to a menu?

Thanks a lot!

Hey there,

You only have one item in the switcher. Regretfully, since WPML is a third party plugin, you should direct WPML related issues to them.

Thanks.

Hi,

I actually have two languages in there (as can be seen in the page source), but for some reason the dropdown isn’t working. The reason I asked here is because I figured this might be a known issue for which a workaround would be available (considering the existing issues with Pro and WPML). I guess I’ll just have to use the menu functionality.

Thanks anyway!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! With further investigations I made, I found out that certain css is hiding the language selector. To resolve the issue, please add the following CSS code in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.x-bar-widget-area ul {
    overflow: visible;
}

Please let us know if this works out for you.

1 Like

Exactly what I needed, thanks!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.