Wpml - content and global blocks

Hi

I created with wpml a second language, translated all global blocks and added the language to the corresponding content site.

strangely the english(translated) site looks different. It created margins as you can see on this screen

that view is basically the second global block on the translated page. The first one is shown correctly.

In the content manager of your template though the page is displayed correctly.

Help is appreciated
Andreas

Hey Andreas,

I believe your setup is you placed 1 Global Block in both language versions of your page. You will need to create 2 Global Blocks. 1 for each language. Then, insert each of them into the specific language of the page.

The Global Blocks are currently only translatable in builder so, in a sense, it cannot be used as it will not display in the frontend if the language doesn’t match.

If I’m not understanding the problem correctly, we need to check your exact setup so please give us the URL of the page and also the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

Thanks.

Hey @christian

I am confused to hear that I have to create for each language a separate global block.

After getting the feedback of your colleagues here

I did it like this:

• Open specific global block, then save template, then click on other language I have not added and then import the template. Then translate and save

You are saying something different. If I understood you correctly, you say: Global blocks are not compatible with wpml.

I added my credentials in the note
Thanks
Andreas

Would you be so kind and help me out here? Because until I have a solution from your side I cannot continue with making the homepage

I am still waiting for a response here. It would be great if someone can take care of it, maybe @tristup?

Hey Andreas,

I’ll answer each of your concerns.

Yes, there’s currently no function yet in our themes to connect the translated Global Block in the frontend. It only works in the builder.

We’re sorry for the back and forth in the other thread and incorrect suggestions. They are new and got confused as well about this WPML - Global Block issue. I will bring this issue to their attention.

I’m the one who personally reported this issue months ago and in our issue tracker, this is already fixed so please stay tuned for the next or succeeding versions of our theme as the fix will be included in one of them.

And, by the way, please do not post the same issue twice. Tristup already said in the other thread that this is a bug.

Partly, yes. There’s currently no function yet in our themes to connect the translated Global Block in the frontend. It only works in the builder.

Please kindly wait for the next version of our theme and please DO NOT bump your threads as it will take more time for us to reach your thread as we answer queries from the oldest to newest. Bumping will move your thread to the newest queue. If you request a specific staff to answer your question also, it will take more time.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.