WPML - changing/adding element in original page doesn't change on translated pages

Hey,

I just tried changing the link of a button on one of my pages and in the translated version nothing happens.

After editing i went to pages in the dashboard and pressed on the symbol that appears when you have changed something on the page. I saved the changes but on the translated page nothing happend.

I then tried adding another element. On the translated page this element doesn’t appear.

What I also noticed is the following:

If i’m in the dashboard and select another language I would normally get an error if i would try to edit one of those pages “in Pro”. I don’t get this error anymore.
It goes into the Pro editor and first off shows me the master page (english). On the right bottom corner I see the geryed out english flag and the flag of my translated page (german). Clicking on that reloads the editor but with no content. Just the header and fooer from the Header/Footer builder.

I think something is not working correctly here.
Any help would be appreciated since I really have to change some stuff…

Hello There,

Maybe there is misconception about translation? Please do check this link: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-automatic-translation/. Those are still different pages, only linked by language. Initially translated page is still blank and we have to build it. We can cloned the template though. There’s no automatic translation and if we edit the main page, this changes will not reflect automatically on the translated page.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.