WPML Broke Looper

I installed WPML and automatically translated all of our posts and pages. We’ve run into 2 issues:

1. The dropdown navigation items have disappeared on the main navigation at the top of the page for every language except for English.

How it normally is in English with the dropdown.

Dropdown missing in Spanish

1. All the loopers are broken.

How it looks in English (correct)

How it looks in Spanish (broken featured image and title)

Any idea how to fix these issues? Here is the staging site if you’d like to take a closer look.

Hey @santosfel5,

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your setup properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

@marc_a I just added a secure note.

I also wanted to add another issue I noticed to your list to checkout.

1. I have my WPML translations set to parameter which means it adds a ?lang=es to the end of the url. The problem with this is that if you click on any links on the site, it reverts back to the English version. This is not ideal. What would you recommend I do? Should I change from parameter to directory? Or is there another better solution.

Hello @santosfel5,

If you have translated the page, it should display the Spanish translation. When the Spanish translation is not yet available, the page will just simply redirect to the English page or homepage.

By the way, I am just confused in your Row because you have nested the same Looper Provider Query Builder in the Column as well.

If I am gonna be doing this, the Row will be my Looper Provider and the Column 1 will be my Looper Consumer. The Column 2 may not be necessary unless other I want to have a different layout for smaller screens.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.