Wpforms styling not working

I have a form that is set up to be two columns and using chrome inspector code says one half column styling but the form on the page is only showing as one column. I also had some of the labels as hidden but they are still showing on the form. Base and form theme styling is what I have selected under wpforms general settings. Where do I look to find what might be causing the styling problem between the theme and the form?

I’ve cleared all the caches. I’m using infinity light scheme.

Thank you

Hello @LFSdesign,

Thanks for writing in! Did you use the Form Integration element or just used the WP Forms shortcode in a raw content element? To better assist you with the issue, please provide us the URL of the form or the site access so we can check your settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi,

I used the form integration element. When I preview the form in wpforms it doesn’t apply the styling there either though. I upgraded to the licensed version and have deleted the lite version so maybe that caused some kind of issue.

I’m developing the website on localhost at the moment but will put it on to a staging site soon.

Thank you

Hello @LFSdesign,

I would suggest you please make your site online on your staging server and share your admin details so that we can check it on our end meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few of the common issues with our troubleshooting guide.

Thanks

Hi,

I am going to try and move it across to staging tonight.

Thank you

You’re welcome.

Hello @LFSdesign,

The captcha seems incorrect.

Kindly double-check.

Hey @LFSdesign,

I created a test page on your site (see link in the secure note) and the display whether Pro is activated or the default 2021 theme is the same. I also tested adding the shortcode in Cornerstone but the display is the same. This is an issue with WPForms.

Before reporting an issue to us, please first test whether our products are involved by switching to the default theme. If you’re content is was added in Cornerstone, please post the shortcode, in this case the WPForms shortcode, in a regular page using the default WordPress editor (not Cornerstone). Review the Common Issues troubleshooting before reporting an issue to us.

Thanks.

I know you all work hard and have a lot of support to do for everyone but please be kinder. I wouldn’t have asked you if you didn’t include wpforms as an add on. I did originally ask wpforms what the issue could be but they thought it was the theme conflicting with their programme. When I asked you where I might look for any conflicts, you asked me to give you staging details so you could check what the issue might be, and that is what I did. I was not trying to waste anyone’s time, just trying to find a solution to the styling issue I was having.

Have a nice day.

Thank you.

Hi @LFSdesign,

We understand your point, now when the problem has been detected with the WP Form I would suggest you contact the Plugin Author and let us know the feedback from them on this.

Please also mention that the issue also exists with the default theme as tested by my colleague.

Thanks

I’ve already done that. I’ll update you as soon as I know what they say.

Thanks

Hey @LFSdesign,

Sorry if that came out as “not kind” to you when I did log in to your staging site, create a test page and find out if our theme is causing the issue but found that the issue persists even with the default WordPress theme.

When my colleague asked for staging, he also mentioned testing for Common Issues. I just posted a reminder on what to do next time before reporting an issue to us.

WP Forms is not an addon we provide. You can check all 3rd party extensions here https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility

Hi Prakash,

You do provide WPForms Lite as an supported extension. That’s why I am using it instead of gravity forms which you used to have in the extensions but no longer support. The link you sent me to needs updating.
image .

As it turns out the answer to the problem is not a conflict. It is in the logic that WP forms uses. If you had this data for example apple, banana, carrot, date, eggplant, fig,

If you entered that into a column in say the pro footer you would have

apple
banana
carrot
date
eggplant
fig

Then say you set it to be in two columns
it would look like this

apple date
banana eggplant
carrot fig

With wpforms when you set your columns up, the data needs to be rows then columns so to match the above you would have to add your fields to the form like this:

first field = “apple” click layout 2 column and hightlight first column shows wpforms-one-half wpforms-first
second field = “date” click layout 2 column and highlight second column shows wpforms-one-half
third field = “banana” click layout 2 column and highlight first column shows wpforms-one-half wpforms-first
fourth field = “eggplant” click layout 2 column and highlight second column shows wpforms-one-half
fifth field = “carrot” click layout 2 column and highlight first column shows wpforms-one-half wpforms-first
sixth field = “fig” click layout-2 column and highlight second column shows wpforms-one-half

If you added all the first column fields to the form and assigned them to two column and clicked on the first column then added all the second column fields then assigned them to two column and clicked the second half it would skew the layouts up.

This link might help someone else who asks about this in future.

I hope what I wrote makes sense. You just have to think about how you want the form to look when using columns and add the fields in the order that you want it to appear in rows, before you add the fields to the form.

Thanks

You can close this one out now.

Hi @LFSdesign,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out and thank you for sharing your ideas! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.