WP Staging Copy Error - Front End Preview Not Loading

Hi,

Just wanted to provide some information for this forum/developers here and those at SiteGround Hosting.

I opened a ticket with SiteGround about using the themeco Pro Wordpress theme in a staging environment. When I switched my license over to Pro I had no problem installing it to the live website. After installation on the live site I used the feature of creating a staging copy. It’s in this staging copy that I ran into several error messages about
“A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading”
whenever I used the “Edit with Pro” for the header, footer, and content.

After some back and forth, this is what the final response to the ticket was:

Thank you for the update, Steven.

To avoid changes to your site’s content, our staging tool uses a custom mod_substetud which rewrites the URLs of your application to the staging one in real time. This function seems to be incompatible with your theme. Changing the URLs in your staging environment to the actual staging URLs will result in a redirection loop and will not resolve your issue.

_Until such time the tool or the theme have been updated to be compatible with one another, you will not be able to use them together. As a workaround, you may create a staging environment of your site manually by cloning your installation on a subdomain or in a subdirectory. One way to do that would be with the Clone feature of the Softaculous auto installer. _

Best regards,

-------
Technical Support Team

Please, any feedback or comments would be appreciated and I hope this helps others in a similar situation. Not a great answer but it’s an answer.

Thanks,
-Steven

Hey there,

Pro uses WordPress standard functions and it gets the URL from your General Settings. Since Siteground does not use this and instead uses a custom function, regretfully, you will need to resort to other methods of creating a staging site.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.