WP Charitable conflict with Pro - need help

Hi - I installed this plugin successfully and have already accepted two donations - as witnessed in the “Stats” on the footer for WP Charitable. Since updating Cornerstone, I now get the following error: "Your donation could not be processed. Please reload the page and try again.:

I have switched themes just to see if it was a plugin error (Eric Daams from WP Charitable has already taken a look and referred me back to themeco). The plugin works fine when I switch to another theme. I can do that but I’ve already invested time and effort to make this site using X Pro. I do not want to rebuild. Please can you assist.

rehumele.org.za

Hi @lioneldp,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your admin credential so that we can check your back-end settings? Please keep in mind that we don’t support any 3rd party plugin integrations but we want to check if there’s something we can do on our end and we can’t guarantee that there’s a fix.

Please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thank you @marc_a - I sent login via secure note as requested.

Lionel

Hi Lionel,

Thanks for providing credentials, but it needs more investigation to find out the reason behind it. I would request you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: Please allow us to Turn on the Test Mode in Charitable > Payment Gateway.

Thanks

thank you - I have a dedicated server on the Hetzner platform - so had to get them to set up a staging site - all sorted! I’ll supply login details via secure note.

Lionel

Hey @lioneldp,

Thank you for setting up staging. I checked the error and it’s similar to a conflict with another plugin that was reported. I’ll add the WP Charitable plugin to the conflict list.

It would be best to keep the staging environment open so our development team could investigated if needed.

Thanks.

Thank you @christian - I’ll be very happy this gets sorted - I have another larger website which I’m about to set up with the same plugin (also using X Pro) so need resolution…

Hi @lioneldp,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

I’m not sure what to do next. Am I waiting for a solution or is it something that will be fixed in the next release? In the meantime my clients are unable to take donations… please advise…

thanks in advance

Hi @lioneldp,

My colleague has already reported this issue to our issue tracker for further investigation but unfortunately, we don’t get any specific timeline on this.

Thanks

ok. so switching themes is the only answer.

Hi @lioneldp,

I know how frustrating it is on your end and we’re sorry about it. You may find an alternative solution while our development team is looking at the said issue.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @lioneldp,

You can also contact your web host if they have a backup of your website when everything was working. If so, request for them to revert your site from that backup.

It is important to note that breaking changes happen even outside of WordPress. This is why it is strongly recommended to test updates in a staging server first.