Would like Landmark header category title to appear on posts

Howdy, you guys did me a solid on helping on an earlier Landmark-header question for my Tribe events that worked wonderfully – now have a hopefully easy additional question regarding a Landmark title. Currently i have page title/category titles/archive titles and the like all working well – but I’d like to include the category name for a post as the Landmark title. I’ve seen lots of message in the forum on getting rid of it, but nothing for those who’d like to include the title – and in this case make that title reflect the category.

Using xtheme not pro on this particular site, and a child theme.

Was able to do a workaround and edit the wp-single.php but would prefer it appear like the page title, above the main container. Tried fussing with landmark-header.php and was getting nowhere.

An example page is here http://simconnectlive.com/2017/11/ai-added-intelligence/ it’s a single post and I’d like the category name to be at the top. For these set of posts I’ll be using just a single catgeory once I can figure out how to get that page title working.

Thank you!
lisa b

Hi @Lisab,

Thanks for writing in.

As you said you have edit your landmark-header.php and wp-single.php, As of now, not sure what customization to suggest. It would be best that we could check your setup closer. Please share us your admin credentials and FTP. Don’t forget to set it in secure note.

Code below will show you the category title, you can use the code to show the category title.

  <?php

            $meta  = x_get_taxonomy_meta();
            $title = ( $meta['archive-title'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title'] : __( 'Category Archive', '__x__' );

            ?>

            <h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title; ?></span></h1>

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.