WordPress "There has been a critical error on this website."

I have not been on the site recently, and noticed today it was not loading. I went into cPanel and noticed there are errors. Can you please resolve the error and get the site to load again? There were no changes on my end.

From cPanel I updated the plugins. Now, the error message reads " Fatal error : Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /home/literallyreading/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/shortcodes/feature-box.php on line 105"

Error message from cPanel:

Internal Server Error: Failed to reset cache for the instance #73: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /home/literallyreading/public_html/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp/freemius/includes/class-freemius.php on line 5457

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/wp-toolkit/plib/vendor/wp-cli/vendor/wp-cli/php-cli-tools/lib/cli/Colors.php on line 1

Hey @franklinmarketing,

Thanks for writing in!

The PHP Error message means that you have exhausted your PHP Memory limit. You might want to increase it to at least 256MB or 512MB. You can go to Tools > Site Health > Info > Server and check the exact setting you currently have. To increase the PHP memory limit, kindly check this out:

You may need further assistance from your hosting provider if you are having a difficulty in changing the PHP Memory limit values.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Theme.co is my hosting provider. Could you please investigate and resolve, @ruenel?

Hello @franklinmarketing,

To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to your site so we can check it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

@ruenel, the site is literallyreading.com. WP is unaccessible. You, theme.co, host the account. It is a Pro Hosted site. Please remedy there error from your end, to restore WP on my end.

Without access to WP, I cannot add you as a user. You may do so from your end.

@ruenel @rubin I updated the wp_config file to 1024M and that loaded the site. Please review this site and ensure it is error free. I am was not impressed with the response here, and frustrated to have to troubleshoot and remedy on my own. This is my first site on Pro Hosted, and as a long time X & Pro user, I was hoping Pro Hosted would be my new go-to. With thoughtless responses like this thread, I am not inclined to make Pro Hosted my go-to. As a long time customer, I would have expected a more thoughtful and helpful troubleshooting, remedy, and reply. Respectfully.

Hi Franklin,

This has been forwarded to Rubin.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.