Wordpress Theme not letting me edit

Hi there! I am having trouble on one of my sites with not being able to edit any of my pages. I even tried starting over and adding a new page, and it won’t even let me set a background color. I will happily give the URL and login to this site to see what’s going on. I checked to see if there is any underlying code that might be restricting any changes in CSS elements, but there are not that I can tell… Thanks in advance!

Hello @cderek99,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Okay great! I put my information in the secure code form!

Hello @cderek99,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working. I would suggest you please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Sorry – just changed it!

Hi @cderek99,

It seems that the login required another level of authentication. I would suggest you disable the option for now for further investigation from our end

Thanks

Okay, just took it off!

Hey @cderek99,

I tried to edit your homepage by adding “S” to the repair word and it is working fine well on my end.

I suspect that it has something to do with the cache. I suggest that you clear your browser cache and any 3rd party cache associated with your website. You may also try accessing your website using incognito mode.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

So I am having trouble with the background colors, specifically. I am also having trouble with trying to add and edit sections and the other sections reacting.

For example, if you go on the “about us” page, I had to write custom code to make the background of the second section, black.

If you go on the “about” page (i made this for experimentation) i tried to make the background-color black, and it remains white.

Hi guys, sorry to jump onto this thread.

I am having a similar problem that isn’t opening the theme page builder, I have run through 15+ troubleshooting steps and still no luck. Any chance of someone taking a look into this please.

Tia

Hi @Bond,

There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache
6.Disabling CDN
7.Increasing PHP Memory Limit
8.Permalink

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please create a separate thread and please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: Please make sure that you are using the latest version of the theme.

Thanks

@tristup I was just wondering if you had had a chance to look at the few issues I mentioned above!

Hello @cderek99,

Please edit your About Us page and then click on the Section 3 element. Find the Setup tab and that is where you can change the background color of the section. You can even enable the “Advance” mode and insert a background image.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.