Wordpress logging out when inserting custom code

Hey all!

I am having an issue with Wordpress logging out instead of saving my custom code. I wrote a program in html and tried to add css to it and every time it logs me out. I see the green loading port at the time not quite reaching the end and then it logs out… I have tried everything that I have read around the internet such as clearing cache and allowing cookies.

This has happened to me before, but it randomly started working the next day. Wondering if there is a sure fire way to fix it though… I know that the code that I am using is compatible because I have the exact program that I built set up in another wordpress site that I own.

Thank you in advance!

Hi @cderek99,

Thanks for reaching out.
We never had such a situation before, so it will be very difficult to understand the problem you explained here. I would request you let us know if that is happening regularly, so we can check your website and recognize the reason behind your issue.
I would also suggest you activate any of the default themes like TwentyTwenty and check if that issue resolves, if not there might be something else is behind your issue. If that resolves the issue, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: Although it is not an issue related to the theme, we are still curious to know the reason behind that.

Thanks

I have added custom code using WP coder on the page “Ohio’s Self Sufficiency Calculator” - when trying to add my css into the page (it does not work using just the wp coder) it logs me out every time.

I even tried just adding one line of css and it still logged me out. I appreciate your curiosity and willingness to look at the problem, even though it is not strictly theme related!

Furthermore - I went into a different page and added custom css to a line of text and it saved just fine… I would say it has something to do with using WP coder and the theme’s css together, but I tested it on another site and it worked just fine… odd!

Hi @cderek99,

I have checked your website and found that you are adding the external custom code using a 3rd Party plugin which is the actual reason for your issue. As it is an issue with the 3rd Party plugin, I would suggest you contact the plugin author on this case and let us know the feedback from them. Meanwhile, I would suggest you activate any of the default themes and use the same shortcode on a page to check if that works or not, and let us know if the problem only persists with our theme.

Please remember that 3rd Party plugin and custom code issue is outside the scope of Theme Support, you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.