Wordpress issues with Cornerstone

I received the following email this morning:

START OF EMAIL

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Cornerstone.

First, visit your website (http://northwestyachts.com/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (http://northwestyachts.com/wp-login.php) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can’t access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special “recovery mode”. This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

http://northwestyachts.com/wp-login.php?action=enter_recovery_mode&rm_token=i6cJ4v8KIQxTCrFF99b4Np&rm_key=cpLxfb91ZB5dkL9yqQaTxN

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don’t worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 6.0.1
Active theme: X (version 9.1.4)
Current plugin: Cornerstone (version 6.1.4)
PHP version 5.6.40

Error Details

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 40 of the file /home/northwe/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php. Error message: Call to undefined method ReflectionParameter::hasType()

END OF EMAIL

I can access the dashboard using the Recovery Mode but anything I try to access from the dashboard results in an “Ooops You Blew Up the Internet” page.

Hi @peedub,

Thanks for reaching out.
Your PHP version is much older and that is the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you update it to 7.4 by contacting your Hosting Service provider and check if that resolves your problem.

Thanks

According to MultiPHP Manager in my CPanel, it is set for 7.4. I am having the same issue with genuinemarine.us. Php is also at 7.4.

Hi @peedub,

If the PHP version is already 7.4 there might be some other reason behind your problem. I would suggest you delete the X through the FTP from wp-content/themes and then check the Tools > Site Health for any critical issues through the WordPress admin dashboard. If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credentials to access the files.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @peedub,

If you have already deleted the X and still facing the same issue, that means the problem is not with the X. I would suggest you contact your Hosting Service provider on this, and let us know the feedback from them. Once the issue is resolved, you can upload the X by downloading it from your Themeco Account.

NOTE: None of your websites is working and shows the Critical Error.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

My host (Hostgator) says it is not an issue with their services. I am at a loss…

Hi @peedub,

It will be very difficult to recognize the issue without logging in to the WordPress admin dashboard. If you have already removed the X, there might be any plugin that causes the error. As your Hosting Service provider does not provide any additional information, you need to rename all individual plugins from wp-content/plugins. Please let us know if the Critical Issues are resolved, and if the WordPress admin login page is accessible for further investigation. If you are not proficient in this, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you with this.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.